Celebrating our Counselors

National School Counseling Week is upon us, so let’s show our counselors our appreciation!

Celebrating our Counselors

ACP’s counselors work tirelessly in order to provide a safe and healthy learning environment for us, the students of ACP. Our counselors help our school in a lot of ways we aren’t even aware of. I don’t know about you, but I think our counselors deserve some recognition! Luckily, the American School Counselor Association agrees with me, and National School Counseling Week is now an annual tradition.

Now, you may be wondering, what exactly is National School Counseling Week? This is a tradition that focuses public attention to and highlights on “unique contribution of school counselors within U.S. school systems”. In short, this week is designed to celebrate our counselors and everything they do for us. The National School Counseling Week is sponsored by ASCA, the American School Counselor Association, and focuses on acknowledging each counselor’s triumphs and successes with aiding students to reach their goals and plan for their future. This attribution to our counselors in America is always celebrated the first full week in February, meaning this year’s celebration is occurring from February 4 through February 8.

Our wonderful counselors, Mr. Vezzosi and Mrs. Vitton.

Mr. Vezzosi and Mrs. Vitton have done more than you could imagine for our school. From helping students on-on-one, to morphing our school into a greater version of itself daily, our counselors work tirelessly to help our student body as a whole and our ACP community. I have seen, first hand, how our counselors work to help alleviate our problems. During the beginning of my senior year, I had many problems with my schedule and getting into the classes I wanted to take. Our counselors worked with me to help change my schedule into one I not only wanted, but needed to graduate. Mr. Vezzosi and Mrs. Vitton graciously helped me with my schedule, even while they had many other things to do. Knights, I hope you agree with me when I say our counselors are extraordinary! I couldn’t think of a better way to thank our counselors than with a whole week of appreciation!

In order to better appreciate Mr. Vezzosi and Mrs. Vitton, we need to get to know them! I asked Mr.Vezzosi and Mrs. Vitton two very important questions: If you could bring anyone to lunch for a day, deceased or alive, who would it be?, and What is something you wish ACP’s students knew about you?. Mr. Vezzosi  answers were:

Q1:  If you could bring anyone to lunch for a day, deceased or alive, who would it be?

A1: Walter Payton because he is an amazing human being.

Q2: What is something you wish ACP’s students knew about you?

A2: Even though I am a former head football coach, I still love to color and dance.

Mrs  Vitton’s answers were:

Q1: If you could bring anyone to lunch for a day, deceased or alive, who would it be?

A1: I would bring Michelle Obama to lunch. She has been such an inspiration to so many!

Knights, when you see our counselors around campus, make sure to thank them for all their hard work! Also,for more information on getting to know our counselors, check out our Co-Editor’s, Solika Nhean, article: https://acpknighttimes.com/3059/showcase/acp-knights-meet-our-new-counselors/

For more information, please visit: https://www.schoolcounselor.org/school-counselors-members/about-asca-(1)/national-school-counseling-week