A Recap of Last Year’s Semester

School days tend to drift by relatively fast, and last year was no different. The first semester of the 2018-2019 school year flew by faster than expected. With so many different events happening in a blur, we’ve put together a short recap of the 2018 fall-winter semester:

July 27th– ACP held a “Back to School” Assembly hosted by our own hardworking seniors. They rapped a song for the rest of the school while the lights were turned off and students’ neon clothing glowed in the dark.

The Back to School Pep Assembly.

July 31st– The Back to School Pool Party was held at the Hamilton Aquatic Center.

September 7th– MSN.com ranks ACP #1 public high school in Arizona.

September 21st– The Homecoming Tailgate was held at Chandler High to pump up attendees for the Homecoming football game against Tanque Verde. Vendors and multiple types of carnival games were available for those who came.  The Knights manage to play one of their best football games in ACP history, despite losing to Tanque Verde.

ACP teachers having a blast at Homecoming.

September 22nd– ACP’s Wizard of Oz themed Homecoming Dance creates a fun, exciting vibe for students and teachers as a trip to the Emerald City leaves warm memories behind.

November– ACP’s Varsity Cheerleaders, Varsity Swim, and Cross Country all qualify for state.

November 9th– ACP’s Robotics Team successfully qualifies for state, again.

November 16th– ACP hosts its annual Knight Games, a competitive circuit full of fun games with groups competing against each other.

November 20th– The annual Royal Flush basketball game is held in ACP’s gym. Spectators threw toilet paper down in a giant storm as Daniel Chukwu made the first basket. The game came out close; ACP Knights lost by only seven points.

The annual Royal Flush basketball game after Daniel Chukwu made the first basket.

December 5th– Speech and Debate triumphs at the Winter Trophy Tournament.

December 8th- The Winter Wishes Dance is held in the gym of ACP Erie. All proceeds went to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, an organization that grants “wishes” to terminally ill children.

December 16th– ACP’s girls Varsity Volleyball team gets district recognition, after finishing the championship with a runner’s up title.

The 2018 fall-winter semester proved to be a very pleasant and blissful group of months, and with that we can only hope that the second semester of the school year surpasses that in excellence. So far for this semester, we have the SAT’s coming up, senior graduation in May, the spring formal, and much more! As always, Knights, don’t forget to strive for the impossible, and be extraordinary!