It’s All Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus…

With Halloween approaching quickly, ACP’s students have begun preparing for the spooky holiday with a variety of different activities. From carving jack-o-lanterns to lurking through haunted houses, students are getting into the spine-chilling vibe that only Halloween can induce. To top it all off, our own Photography Club is showing a screening of one of the most iconic Halloween films: “Hocus Pocus”.

The famous, family loved movie was originally released in July of 1993, despite being an acclaimed Halloween movie. Starring famed actresses Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker, the plot follows Max Dennison, his little sister Dani, and their friend Allison as they embark on an eerie adventure on Halloween night. While exploring an abandoned old house, Max accidentally frees a coven of evil witches-the Sanderson Sisters. The Sanderson Sisters (played by Midler, Parker, and Kathy Najimy) set out to finish sucking the souls of every child in Salem and it’s up to Max, Dani and Allison to stop them with the help of an immortal black cat.

Besides originally being a bed-time story for writer David Kirschner’s children, the movie is full of hilarious and equally terrifying scenes. From the sisters trying to adjust to the 2oth century, to witches riding vacuums, to the sisters holding a concert at the high school, the movie is definitely must-see before Halloween passes.

The movie will be playing this Friday afternoon, October 26th, from 2:45 to 4:30 P.M. in the band room. Admission is free, and snacks such as popcorn and candy will be for sale.   All students are encouraged to come and enjoy a spooky afternoon full of jokes with the ghastly Sanderson Sisters. We hope to see you there!