Breaking Barriers With ACP’s InvenTeam

In a world of daily developments and technological advancements, many schools can have a difficult time keeping up with the societal wave of change that hits harder each moment. For ACP, however, this couldn’t be farther from the truth. For inventive students looking for a challenge, the search is over: ACP’s InvenTeam is ready to fulfill your aspirations. InvenTeam is a group of 13 amazing students, under the supervision of Mrs. Rachna Nath, who have banded together to form one innovative and pivotal idea with aid from the

LEMELSON-MIT grant application. With the group’s 10,000 dollar grant, these 13 Knights will be able to visit MIT’s EUREKAFEST 2019 in the next year. Already, the team has presented their idea to the District Superintendent, Camille Casteel, the Vice Mayor Rene Lopez, and Director of Economic Development. Micah Miranda.

Beginning in New England’s 2002-2003 school year, the Lemelson-MIT Program quickly became a national initiative, while retaining the prestigious honor that comes with receiving the grant. Approximately 15 InvenTeams are selected each school year for funding, and 213 teams were funded through the 2016 school year. The initiative is focused on collaboration and local involvement, with the most successful teams often being those who created local partnerships to improve their product.

The entire spirit of InvenTeam is based on one major theme: teamwork. While these 13 students will have an opportunity to utilize teamwork and collaboration to their fullest extents, all of our erudite ACP Knights can take a lesson from this experience. Teamwork is a key aspect to success, and is forwarded by allowing the community to assist you to – the greatest growth never comes from one mind.

The ACP InvenTeam’s students are encouraged to meet with influential members of the community in order to aid their projects. For students looking to assist these Knights in their exciting project, the students could always use more connections to powerful citizens in our community! Please see Mrs. Nath, room A104, for any questions on the grant or the team. Similarly, this link offers insight into more information on the initiative: https://lemelson.mit.edu/inventeams.

Whatever amazing project these Knights have cooking up, the team has the support of the entire campus at their backs. ACP can’t wait to see what these creative scholars come up with!