ACP’s Latest College Visit: University of Alabama

Among the prestigious colleges and universities visiting ACP, another heavyweight in the higher education arena has arrived. The University of Alabama stopped by last Thursday, 9/6, to inform our adept students about the strongly successful UA programs offered. Founded in 1820, Alabama’s flagship university is ranked 51st among all public universities in the U.S, and UA’s School of Law is ranked 9th across the nation’s public university spectrum. Similarly, the university has a well-known School of Medicine, ranked 32nd among the best medical schools for research in the Nation.

As far as the university’s athletics are concerned, college football doesn’t get much more exciting than Crimson Tide. Ranked 7th for total wins in all of college football, Alabama’s premier university, referred to as “The Capstone” by students and alumni, is surely not a force to be reckoned with. Other sports, such as women’s golf, gymnastics, and men’s swimming also represent extreme skill and prowess in the craft – swim and gymnastics held positions in the top 6 of the SEC Championships, and women’s golf finished 14th in the NCAA championships. Men’s track also boasted third place at the SEC championships, and 10th in the NCAA Outdoor Championships. For athletes interested in any of the sports mentioned here, it appears increasingly pertinent to look further into this athletically gifted university.

Those concerned about the demographic of  the university can rest easy: of the enrolled students at UA in 2017, 56% are women and 44% are men. If that wasn’t enough to shift your consideration, consider this: 56% of students came from another state, and 3% came from 82 different countries!

Among the hectic search for the perfect university for our distinguished students, the University of Alabama shouldn’t be forgotten. For students considering law, medicine, or sports, The Capstone is a premier option for those looking for a productive and viable higher education.