Meet One of ACP’s Newest Freshman: Derek Baker

Derek Baker (ACP freshman)

Our campus received many new members to add to our Knights family this year. I enrolled in ACP Erie during my seventh grade year, and from then on, I watched as our school grew and grew with every year passing. Students came and went as I transitioned from grade to grade, and the experience I had in meeting each unique person is unforgettable. Our student population this 2018-2019 school year is beyond anything I would have ever guessed. It is so interesting to experience how much our community has truly expanded and how incredible each of our students really is. I believe it is important to learn about the people who make our school amazing, so I sought out one of our new students for an interview.

One of ACP’s newest freshman, Derek Baker, agreed to talk with me in order for both me and the school to learn more about his interests and his thoughts about our campus. Derek actually sits with me and my senior friends at lunch. As a result, I was lucky get to know him from the beginning. Even so, I was curious to learn beyond what I already knew about Derek and decided to ask him questions that would help me familiarize myself with my freshman friend:

Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself.

A: I am Derek, I was born on December 2, 2003, and I am 14 and a half. I have an older sister in college, who is 18 years old. I play hockey, chess, and table tennis, as well as video games, like Fortnite.

Q: What do you like about ACP Erie so far?

A: I like the relatively small community of ACP, and I love all the great friends that I have made. I also love how caring and thoughtful the teachers are.

Q: What school events are you most excited for?

A: The school events I am most excited for are the ones where I can hang out with friends like sports games and other fun events, such as dances and more.

Q: What school subject are you most passionate about?

A: I am most passionate about math and science because they come easily to me, are used very regularly, and are interesting.

Welcome to the family, Derek! We hope your time at ACP is memorable, and you are able to create many positive memories from your experiences here.