ACP Clubs Are Back In Action

As a senior here at ACP, I cannot stress the importance of joining clubs and getting involved with the school community. Not only does it give you the chance to meet new people, but these clubs and extra-curriculars look amazing on college applications. There are so many clubs that it’s almost impossible to find one that isn’t even slightly of interest.

Every year, two days are dedicated solely to learning more about the clubs offered here at ACP with an event known as the “Club Fair”. The Club Fair  lets the different clubs on campus give out fliers and information about the club they are oh-so passionate about.

During this event, students are given the opportunity to ask questions and find new outlets to express themselves and their interests. Wednesday presented clubs like International Club, Key Club, NHS/NJHS, and Mock Trial Club. Thursday featured clubs like GSA, Sustainability, Math Club, and She’s The First. This year, many new clubs have been added to the mix including Coding Club, and Fossil Club to help give every student a club they truly feel they belong in.

One club that really stood out to me was the International Club, and I spoke to committee member, Marley Busch, to learn more about the club and what it entails.

Q: So what exactly is International Club?

A: International Club is a club I started with two of my friends because we were curious about the other cultures of the world. We want to learn more about other cultures to help us become more aware and to help prevent stereotyping.

Q: What is the best part of International Club?

A: For me, it’s probably my eyes being opened to the fact that there are so many cultures within our school aside from the ones you think are popular here . There are so many different cultures, and it just blows me away every year.

Q:How do you decide which countries you feature each week?

A: For the first meeting, we pre-chose the country so that way we can go through the procedures. After that we discuss as a whole club and decide which countries and cultures we want to learn more about, and we vote if there are discrepancies.

Q: What are some things you are looking forward to as the club grows?

A: I’m so excited to have more members from different areas of the world so we can learn more. I’m also excited because this year we are making a few changes so that way we can feature more countries than we have in previous years and were just doing so much more with that information. It’s really a lot of fun!

I hope everyone considers joining this amazing club along with many of the other amazing clubs, both new and old, offered here at the ACP Erie campus.