A Blast at the Assembly

The first week of school has already flown by in a flash. After week-long activities of icebreakers and games, Friday appeared with the promise of a relaxing weekend. With the end of the week came the senior’s closing assembly to complete the week with a bang.

Our second assembly of the 2018-2019 school year started off with MCs Ryan Redmond and Cole Smith introducing our athletics teams, consisting of football, volleyball, cross country, cheerleading, badminton, swimming, basketball, soccer, wrestling, tennis, track, softball, and golf. Shortly after, the gym lights were turned off to display everyone’s neon-colored clothing as they glowed in the dark. Glowing balloons were thrown into the crowds and met with bursting enthusiasm as the students listened to the rap song the seniors had prepared.

Following the rap song, a fierce game of giant “Tic Tac Toe” brought out ACP’S competitiveness as two students from each grade raced to place a giant “o” or “x” on the wall before the other grade could. After a short battle, the juniors came out victorious.

The last game included a complicated obstacle course where students had to crabwalk across the gym floor, tag their friend, then their friend would have to hopscotch before tagging the next student, who would then run across the court, tag the last person, who then had to shoot a ball through the basketball hoop. The sophomores and juniors battled it out first with the juniors winning yet again. During the second game, the eight graders beat the freshman, which then lead to a competitive game between the eight graders and the juniors. The former grade won, ending the fun games.

As crowds quieted down, the seniors announced the winner of the Battle of the Classes that had been happening all week long. The juniors had won, erupting into deafening screams, as they realized they had won a week of free dress. Ashley Ruffles was chosen as a representative for the senior class and for the first time in ACP history, was knighted. The junior’s class color, red, was put on the spirit sword, the first color to adorn the sword.

As the assembly neared to an end, Kamal Shaik finished with a motivating speech, speaking to the students how they should change the “what-if into a what now”, pursue their passions, set their goals high, and of course, strive for the impossible and be extraordinary.