ACP Teachers are Back in the Classroom

Over the summer all I did was spend time with family and make some amazing memories. I’m sure most of ACP’s students experienced the same laid-back experience; however, not all of ACP’s members pushed school to the back of their minds. Mrs. Nath, science teacher at ACP, recently was invited to an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C. in September by the Teacher Research Conference.

Mrs. Nath (pictured left), ACP’s Human Biology and Honors Biology teacher, earned a prestigious award: an invitation to go to the Teacher Research Conference in Washington D.C. Now, you may be thinking, what is this conference and why should I care? This conference is a great opportunity for science teachers to further their experience in lab research and a one-of-a-kind opportunity to inspire all students. Associated with INTEL, this conference trains teachers for three days to further research for both a science career and how to better educate students in a science lab.

In an interview, Mrs. Nath explained how she won this amazing opportunity by “lottery”, meaning she won it by chance. She exclaimed how she was ecstatic when she found out she won this opportunity, and that she hoped to expand her students’ science projects through more advanced lab equipment that a grant from an MIT foundation would gift her. Furthermore, Mrs. Nath explained how she wants to inspire others. She continued by saying her own professors, who guided her through her master’s program, are her inspirations. Toward the end of the interview, Mrs. Nath had some words of wisdom for all students looking to pursue a career in a field of science. She said to embrace failure. She extended this point by expelling that failure is good when it comes early and fast, for it allows a person to fix the mistake and keep on pursuing their passion.

Knights, if you see Mrs. Nath around campus, make sure to congratulate her, for this is an extraordinary award not many win.

Cover Photo from: https://student.societyforscience.org/research-teachers-conference