An Insider’s Look Into the First Day

Looking back, summer flew by as fast as a blink of an eye. Here we are, Knights. Our 2018-2019 school year has began, and our seniors have already made an amazing impact on our campus. With large shoes to fill, ACP’s class of 2019 splashed into the new school year with a pep assembly, a short skit of the book Rainbow Fish, week long games, and much more.

As a senior, I can give you first-hand information on everything that happened. All seniors had a very early morning, with most students waking up around 4am and arriving to school at 5:30am. By 5.31am, I was already running around campus trying to make everything absolutely perfect for ACP’s student body. After hours of last minute prep, all seniors ran outside to welcome the students with music, cheers, and Mr. Bickes’ “magical pencils”. As the first bell rang, our seniors gathered in the gym, awaiting for our assembly to begin.

Not long after, all students filed into the small gymnasium and our MCs, Cole Smith and Ryan Redmond, took center stage. Along with their clever jokes, the seniors performed a short story, played games, and introduced our clubs with a dramatic speed dating adventure. Later, our seniors sent off all students to their first hour classes with a bang, quite literally! Confetti rained down on the students as they were sent to their first period classes. The first day had officially begun.

While meeting my teachers and my new classmates was a great part of the day, I couldn’t fully believe that today was really here. All the senior’s planning, meetings, re-planning, setting up, and final details had finally paid off. Knights, our 2018-2019 school year is already off to an extraordinary start and is bound for an even more magnificent year.