ACP Golf Team Going Strong Heading into State

Back to Article
Back to Article

Amidst the chaos of testing season and the intensity of the fourth quarter, the successes of some of ACP’s sports teams have gone almost unnoticed.  One of those teams – the golf team – has slowly been creeping up the state rankings as they enter the final few weeks of the season.  With the State Championship set for May 8-9 in Tucson, the Knights have never been more focused than they are at the moment.  Under the guidance of second year coach (and ACP math teacher) Connor Fraser, the Knights look like a lock for their third straight appearance in the State Championship.  After finishing in 11th place the last two years, the golf team is excited for a chance to crack the top ten – or better.  With one of the deepest lineups in team history, the thought of a high finish at state is not that far fetched.

In terms of grade levels represented, this year’s edition of the golf team features three seniors, two sophomores, and two freshmen.  This group of students has managed to come together as a formidable unit. Entering the last couple of matches of the year, the Knights are peaking at just the right time.  All of the members of the team have turned in excellent performances over the last two weeks or so, spurred on by the State Championship on the horizon.  When asked about his expectations for state, Nate Rowan (12) said, “We have a very good chance at a top five finish, and maybe an outside chance at winning the whole tournament.”  Jackson Zeller (10) echoed this sentiment, adding “If we continue playing to our full capabilites, we could very well be in contention at state.” With the way the team has been performing lately, these predictions could very well come true.

This year has been very special for the Knights, who had three seniors leave the team last year: Will Osborn, Trent Gengler, and Gabby Larose.  After being on the team since the beginning, these seniors left a huge impact, as well as a great legacy of success.  The golf team’s senior match will be on May 2 at San Marcos, and will be a perfect send-off for another graduating class.  This year’s senior trio of Nate Rowan, Jordan Diaz, and Ryan Kilde have carried on this legacy and now have the task of passing it on to the younger team members.  With a new wave of talent set to take off, there has never been a better time to be a Knight golfer.

• ACP Golf Team Going Strong Heading into State

Instant Replay

Kicking Off the New Year

Campus Life

ACP Girls Varsity Volleyball gets District Recognition

Instant Replay

ACP Wrestling Dominates The Mat

Instant Replay

ACP Football Dominates CUSD Recognitions

• Instant Replay

The Stars Behind a Winning Team

Instant Replay

ACP Basketball Fast Breaks into an Exciting Season

Instant Replay

Mountain Biking Reaches the Competitive Summit

Campus Life

This Year’s Royal Flush

Instant Replay

ACP’s Badminton Team Swings into Success

Campus Life

ACP Teams are Heading to State