Spirit Week and MORP in Review

Senior Fara Eltohamy and sophomore Jaime Komarnisky twinning.

Over the past two weeks, ACP has been packed with non-stop school-wide events and student achievements. From RAK week to Ricardo Correa’s signing, it appears that the ACP Knights are ending the 2017-2018 third quarter with style. Today, however, let’s hone in on ACP’s most recent occurrence, MORP. Following the Random Acts of Kindness week in which most of the school was decked out in colorful hearts and enormous murals, ACP Knights jumped into the second to last week dressed to impress.

Many of the Knights utilized their creativity and sense of fashion to rock the MORP spirit attire themes: Twin Day, Biker v.s. Surfer, Lifeguard Day, Lilo & Stitch, and Stoplight Day. Here are a few pictures that capture the amount of effort some of the students put into showing off their school pride. The detail and attitude that flows off some of the images almost make it seem like the students were actually who they were dressed up as. Overall, its probably safe to say that ACP Knights are pros at spirit week.

Seniors Amanda Li and Keene Paratakun portraying themselves as bikers.

As for the MORP dance, Mrs. Michaelson and Student Government did a fabulous job at capturing the Surf City theme set forth for this year’s dance. The gym was decked out in common beach-life themes. The bleachers were covered with blue construction paper and other beach-related items such as volleyballs and sea animals in order to create a stronger surf city atmosphere.

Numerous inflated volleyballs were provided and were gladly thrown about, and the tables were outlined with seashells of various sizes. Along with the environment and summer/beach outfits that the students wore, MORP truly felt like one giant beach party. As for the music, Stugo brought in newer DJs that definitely helped hype people up. Along with some more traditional school dance songs such as “Party in the USA,” the DJ duo also threw in some of their own original mixes. Though the response to the music played at the dance was quite mixed, the responses seemed to lean positively. I would say Stugo has done a marvelous job with setting up this year’s MORP. Overall, the dance itself went extremely well, and the Stugo committee in charge of picking the spirt week dress attire had some creative ideas. Great job Stugo! MORP 2017-2018 was a success.

Students dressing the part for Bikers v.s. Surfers spirit wear.
Students dressing up for Lifeguard Day.