ACP Knight Times Writing Event

Attention Knights! Have you ever wanted to be a published author? Do you want your writing to be viewed by people all over the world? Well, lucky for you, the ACP Newspaper Staff is hosting a monthly writing event with judging by the Newspaper Staff and Mrs. Patterson. All ACP students are allowed to submit; even anonymous pieces will be accepted. All work will be published in the ACP Knight Times and the top three pieces, judged by the Newspaper Staff, will be highlighted in a special section of the school newspaper. All pieces will be judged by grade level. Each submission must contain a first and last name, and if you want your article to be “Anonymous”, be sure to state that along with the current grade you are in and must follow the guidelines below:

1. All writing between 1-3 pages and follow MLA format (double spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font)
  2. Submissions must follow the given theme
  3. Submissions must be school appropriate
  4. All pieces must be original content
  5. Submissions must be proofread before submitted to [email protected]
  6. Submissions must meet deadline- no late submissions will be accepted
  7. Writing can be in the form of an essay, creative story, poem, or collection of 1-3 poems

All entries must be submitted to [email protected], with the subject line saying “writing event submission”.  The content of your email must state your first and last name along with your grade number. Note: only the name in the actual submission file will be posted. Submissions are due the last Friday of every month, and the results will be posted the following Monday. The next theme will be announced when the results of the previous month are posted. The theme for January is “Winter”. On your mark… get set… write!