The Future of ACP Part 2

As we near the halfway point of the year, we still have many unanswered questions about of our new teachers: who are they, where are they from, and what brought them here?  Today, we look to answer these questions, and more, in a continuation of a previous article on ACP’s new teachers. Today, I am here to decode the enigma that is Mr. Tyler.  Mr. Tyler gained ACP fame as Mr. Martinez’s student teacher last year and has joined the staff as a ninth grade social studies teacher.  The infamous “chicken-man” can be seen walking among ACP’s students, an unfamiliar face poking out above the crowd (he is quite tall, you know).  However, there is more to him than meets the eye.  So get ready for a story of England, Aristotle, and a whole lot of attitude, as we dive into the history of Mr. Tyler.

Q: Are you from Arizona?  If not, what brought you here?

A: I am 100% from Arizona – die hard Arizonan – I’ve lived here my whole life for the most part.  I lived in England for a little bit: nice trees, awful place/ food/ people.  England pales in comparison to this state. Best state in the Union!

Q: What inspired you to start teaching, and when did you start?

A: I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have a huge passion for history, I have a huge passion for improving my community, and education is the best way to satisfy both of those. Once I started reading Aristotle, I realized how critically important history is to us, and how it develops the ethical parts of our soul.  I don’t think I could ever do anything else besides teaching.  I started this year (kind of, I taught a bit of 5th grade last year and did some subbing), and as a lot of people know, I did my student teaching here last year and was so excited to come on board again this year. 

Q: What has been the best part of teaching at ACP thus far?

A: The best part about teaching at ACP that I have experienced is the attitude for success that the faculty and students have here. If you don’t believe that you can succeed, then you likely never will. The attitude at this school is incredibly positive; the whole idea of striving for the impossible is very inspiring and drives me to be a better teacher than I was yesterday. I am very fortunate to be here.

Q: What are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?

A: Growing and developing along with my students. The relationships I have carved out here with faculty and students alike have been an incredible tool for growth, personally. I’m proud to call myself a member of a community that does such a great job collectively lifting itself up and choosing to improve and grow every day.

And there you have it.  Who knew there was so much to learn about Mr. Tyler?  ACP wishes him, the rest of the staff, and our families the best of luck as the enter the home stretch of the semester.