Your Guide to Having a Fun Time Over Fall Break
Over a dozen activities to do over the break.
In just a couple more days, the reprieve, which ACP students so desperately need, will be upon us. If you get tired of relaxing, what will you do over break? I’ve gotcha covered. Here are a handful of fun activities to do during fall break to keep you busy.
- Pumpkin Spi- NO. ENOUGH. I CAN’T TAKE ANY MORE TALK OF PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES, PUMPKIN SPICE SHAKES, PUMPKIN SPICE POTATO CHIPS. WHAT EVEN IS PUMPKIN SPICE???
- One of the most popular fall activities is always Schnepf Farms Pumpkin and Chili Party. Starting Thursday, October 5, the festival will be going on every Thursday-Sunday. Admission is a bit pricey, at 20 dollars per person, but if you buy a ticket at Fry’s, you only pay 15 dollars. Score. There are over a dozen other fall festivals going on throughout the month of October, which you can check out here.
- If you are looking for non-fall festivals, there are plenty of those going on as well. You can kick off the break at the Taste of Greece Festival at St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church. Admission is a mere 3 dollars, and you can get a buy-one get one free voucher on their website. The event is going on the evening of September 29th and from 11 to 7 on September 30th and October 1st. After enjoying some gyros and okra to begin fall break, end the break with the 8th Annual Arizona Taco Festival on October 14th and 15th at Salt River Fields. Admission is 12 dollars for each day, giving you access to lucha libre wrestling, live music, and 2 dollar tacos from over 50 food trucks.
- Accompanying the festivals is Halloween Season. Arizona has a handful of well-known haunted houses, such as the 13th Floor and Fear Farm. You will certainly not find me at either of these places, but I guess some people enjoy having the living daylights scared out of them. You can also go walk around Halloween stores such as Spirit Halloween if you feel like it. Try on costumes with your friends and post all the photos on Instagram because all of your followers have an insatiable desire to see photos of you in Halloween costumes.
- The Arizona State Fair kicks off on October 6th, and will be open Wednesday-Sunday. Check out their website to see what all is going on during the fair.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks will be in the playoffs for the first time in six years, which is sure to be an exciting event for the valley. Buy tickets through the D-Backs website here, or try your hand with resale tickets on Stubhub here. Another fun way to watch is by heading down to a local sports grill with friends and taking in the game with the other restaurant-goers.
- The Arizona State Sun Devils have kicked off their volleyball, women’s soccer, hockey, and football seasons. Check out their schedules, head down to Tempe, and take in some college athletics.
- If you happen to have 70 dollars lying around like any normal junior high or high school student, go take in an Arizona Cardinals game. Or don’t. You could spend your 70 dollars on far better things than watching the Cardinals lose *cries a bit*.
- Every Wednesday night in October there will be a free yoga night called The Art of Om from 6 to 7:30 PM on the lawn of Chandler City Hall. You are guaranteed to see me down there doing some tree poses and downward dog.
- If you are a fashionable environmentalist, you are sure to enjoy the 3rd Annual Trashion Fashion Show on October 14th. The event will be in front of the Chandler Fashion Square Macy’s at 1 PM, and will feature clothing made out of random, trash-bound items. One of the images from last year features a woman wearing a dress made out of a Twister board. Creative stuff!
- Do outdoors things! The weather will be beautiful for hiking, swimming in lakes, and jumping into piles of leaves.
Fun, Non-Seasonal Activities
- Laser Tag
- Mini Golf
- Escape Rooms
- Rock walls