Chloe Tognacci’s Memorable Experience As An Athlete

Congratulations to ACP High School’s Girls for being crowned the champions of the Lady Prospector’s Gold Cup as they have won all the games they’ve played in the tournament, in fact, this is the team’s second championship this year! As someone who’s met some of these amazing girls in person, I can for sure vouch for how hardworking, dedicated, and passionate they are when it comes to soccer. The girls are also sweet, have a great sense of humor, and are quite humble despite winning two championships this year. Today, a varsity member of the team, Chloe Tognacci, will guide us as she delves into what it truly means to be an athlete.

Q: How long have you been playing soccer, and where did this passion start from? Have you been playing in the same position since you started? When did you start playing for ACP High School?

A: I have been playing soccer for about 12 years. I started playing club in kindergarten after my parents decided they would have me tryout after I would only do cartwheels on the field when my dad was the coach. I have loved it ever since. One of my greatest strengths on the soccer field is that I’m a versatile player, so my coaches have always moved my position around quite a bit. I have played every position on the field at some point in my life. I started playing for ACP High School my freshman year.

Q: What are some things that you’ve learned while playing on ACP High School’s soccer team? How have you applied these learning experiences in your day-to-day life?

A: Our team is very big on continuous improvement. I have been able to see how with a supportive team that pushes each other and demands more from each other, we are able to succeed even when playing against bigger schools or tougher opponents. I have been able to apply this to my day-to-day life by learning to not settle even when I am doing something well, but to continue to push myself to improve even more.

Q: As a senior, how does it feel to know that you’ll be graduating in only a few months? Do you have any advice to share with the future generations of ACP High School?

A: It’s crazy to think I’ll be graduating so soon! I’m trying to take everything in and enjoy it all. My advice would be to take advantage of all the events our school offers. Those make the best memories!

Q: As tournament champions, what is something that you and your teammates excelled at in the championship game and other games in this season, and what is something that you feel that you and your teammates could have improved on?

A: We have been doing a great job of executing our game plan and seeing results because of it. Right now we just have to make sure we are able to continue our success in tournaments into our regular season.

Q: What is a quote that you feel like sums up 2021?

A: “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” -Kelly Clarkson

Thank you so much, Chloe, for your insight! Chloe is a senior, so this is her final season of soccer in her high school career. Hopefully, we see you more of your soccer career in the future and congratulations, again, to Chloe and the team for this exceptional achievement! Balancing your hobbies/extracurriculars and school/work can be a difficult feat that can seem nearly impossible at times. In some cases, you can feel that fire in your heart that gives you the energy start to dwindle and burn out. However, in our most difficult moments, even if it doesn’t seem like it, there is always a light near the end. To end this article off with a beautiful quote from Uncle Iroh, “Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel. You can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving… you will come to a better place.” Have a great 2022, Knights!