Nina Suberville and the Toro Country Classic Event

At the 2021 Toro Country Classic Event Nina Tuberville, a student at ACP won second place in the dramatic interpretation section of the event. This is such a big accomplishment in general and especially because Nina is still very new to speech and debate and this was only her second time doing a tournament. I have interviewed Nina about the tournament and her thoughts and opinions on speech and debate. Congrats Nina!

Q: How does it feel to get second place in the Toro Country Classic Event at Mountain View High School?

A: I’m very proud of myself for placing second because I am still relatively new to speech and debate and was very nervous while participating in this event. Also, this was only my second time participating in a tournament.

Q: When did you start having a passion for speech and debate and what made you want to get into it?

A: I’d say that being in Mr. Rumsey’s English class last year made me want to get into speech and debate. I tried it out because the environment he created in the classroom was very supportive, and I made a lot of friends that way.

Q: What motivates you to keep trying and pursuing even when things get tough?

A: I’ve only been doing speech and debate for about five months now, so I’m not quite worn out of it just yet. And even if I were to get tired of it I would remember the impact I have on people whenever I perform. Also, I’d remind myself that every time I walk into a round, I will be leaving a message to the entire room.

Q: What are some of your other hobbies and things that you enjoy doing in your free time?

A: Some of my hobbies are playing golf, and I really enjoy watching funny tv shows like Rick and Morty.

Everyone at ACP commends Nina on her huge win and is very proud to call her one of our own. ACP high school is very tightknit and loves getting students’ appreciation for the wonderful things that they do. Being in front of lots of people and having to recite something must be very nerve-wracking and scary, so kudos to you, Nina. Nina is a great example of when you work hard and do what you love, anything is possible. As always Knights, be extraordinary and strive for the impossible!