Back-to-School Student Pool Party Has Returned!

Curtsy of Phoenix.org

Curtsy of Phoenix.org

Curtsy to the Knightly Update

As the heat in Arizona grows stronger and stronger, so does the desire to have a dip in the cold waters of the pool. Arizona College Prep High School is bringing back the Back-to-School Pool Party this year at Hamilton Aquatics Center on Friday, August 20th from 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. It’s the perfect time for students to discuss with each other outside of school hours about how their classes are going, as well as just simply having the joy to hang with each other. Unfortunately, due to the rise of the Delta variant, Covid-19 restrictions, as well as fire safety, make the party limited to only 800 students. Obviously, it can’t be a pool party without the guests and hosts having nothing to eat nor drink, and I’m quite positive that we will NOT be drinking Hamilton’s pool water, so students are highly encouraged to bring food and drinks to share with their peers, and each grade has an assigned item that they may bring. Ninth graders- freshmen-can bring 12 packs of soda, lemonade, or fruit punch, preferably in cans. Tenth graders,-sophomores-can bring to bring water in a pack of 24 or greater in individual bottles. Eleventh Graders,-juniors-can bring snacks, like chips, pretzels, etc., to share for at least 12 people. And finally, last but not least, our beloved Class of 2022, the twelfth graders, also known as the amazing seniors, can bring desserts but they should be individual items, so no cakes or pies. Under each assigned list is a note that says in what form or type of food the assigned grades should give and to “drop off in the school’s front office no later than Thursday, August 19, 2021” so that the students won’t have to be responsible for bringing the food to the center and taking it back home.  Your student ID WILL be required if you do attend the party, so do not forget to bring it with you, or you might not be let in! This annual event was not available last year due to first wave of the pandemic, but now that it has returned, I’m sure things will be a lot more fun compared to two years ago! I went to the party as a freshmen, and I had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends, continuously going on the slides, lounging around in the lazy river, and of course, eating the food they had to offer. Luckily, there is no entrance fee for the party, so all you really need is to have your assigned food dropped off the previous day, yourself, a towel, a water bottle (because let’s be honest, no one will try to throw it away or accidentally drink out of it), and your student ID, as well as a pair of extra clothes just in case. So mark your calendars, Knights, because this party is going to be a blast this year!