Knight In The Spotlight: Nicholas David

“A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell

Nicholas David embodies this quote through and through; his astounding achievements tell it all. Not only is Nicholas exceptional in all things academically, he has put in hours of effort and work to reach his success. He recently earned his Associates in Science degree from Chandler-Gilbert Community College and has been inducted as a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. The school and staff continue to be amazed by his dedication and his many accomplishments during his high school career. I was able to learn more about Nicholas’s high school life.

Q: What has been the highlight of your senior year? 
A: There has been a lot of highlights of my time as a senior here at ACP; I really enjoy activities that involve my classmates and friends such as the senior assassin’s game that occurred throughout the year as well as activities like the recent senior prank day.
Q: Where do you imagine yourself ten years from now?
A: Although I am not exactly sure what is in store for me in ten years, I hope to continue my work with my patent-pending invention with my partners. Furthermore, I hope to find good work in my field of study as an architect and possibly start my own architecture firm.
Q: What is the strangest advice your parents gave you that proved to be correct? 
A: Surprisingly, the best advice I received from my parents was to not try so hard. All throughout high school I did so much that I burnt myself out and got stressed from my school work; the advice I got put into perspective the wasted extra (fruitless) effort that I put in for no reason.
Q: What was the most meaningful assignment a teacher ever had you do?
A: There have been many fun, interesting, and inspiring assignments that I have done all throughout high school, but I believe the most meaningful one was the compliment assignment I did in Mrs. Skaff’s class. All the students wrote compliments to everyone and by the end, we had a page of heartwarming comments to take home. Similarly, we did an activity in Mrs. Patterson’s class where we wrote compliments and well wishes for students taking the AP tests which I enjoyed.
Q: Which one memory will you remember forever about your time here?
A: There are many many memories I will remember forever about the activities, classes, and other aspects of my time at ACP. For me, I really enjoyed the Knight games as I liked doing fun activities with my friends as well as the booths and activities with the international festival.
Q: Describe an experience that has altered your life completely.
A: Even though it is not one specific experience, traveling around the world has greatly altered my life. I believe that it has broadened my horizons in terms of trying new things and understanding other cultures. Traveling also motivated me and inspired me in terms of my passion for architecture as it allowed me to see cool structures around the world such as the Eiffel tower, the Burj Khalifa, Sydney Opera House, and many other impressive feats of design.
Q: What do you enjoy reading outside of school?
A:  Outside of school, I read a lot about things that interest me, such as physics topics and other similar science topics.
Q: What are you passionate about?
A:  Two things I am extremely passionate about are music and design. I have been playing piano for 15 years and flute for seven years as well as founded Music Club at ACP. I also compose my own music and have been doing performances and concerts. As for design, I founded Design club and have been president for two years. I also do a lot of sketching, modeling, and designing as I enjoy it a lot. I have been accepted at ASU Barrett’s for architecture and will be pursuing a double major in structural engineering as well.
Q: What subject do you enjoy the most and why?
A: The subjects that I enjoy most this year have been both chemistry and literature as I really liked the classes and topics I learned.
We are so happy that we were able to support Nicholas during his time here at ACP Erie, and we are so excited for his future endeavors in his college and career life. Good luck, Nicholas! Go Knights!