2021 American Mathematics Competition 10/12 results

Every year, the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) holds a multiple-choice test known as the AMC 10/12. The American Mathematics Competition (AMC) 10 is designed for students in 10th grade and under with the test revolving around curriculum up to the 10th grade. The AMC 12 is essentially the same format as the AMC 10. 

This year, ACP had several students participate in the AMC 10/12. The national competition that has now grown internationally is designed to promote the development and enhancement of problem-solving skills among students. There are two deadlines for the test with one test date being on February 4th and the other taking place a week later on February 10th. Only the top 2.5% of AMC 10 competitors and top 5% of AMC 12 competitors advance and are invited to take the American Invitational Mathematics Exam (AIME). Among the students at ACP, four of them excelled and were invited to take the AIME. These students were Dean Brasen, Raine Huang, Blake Enwiller, and Stevie Ortiz. Congratulations to the four of them for their amazing effort and success!

The four students will be taking the AIME on March 10th and 18th and after receiving results, some may be selected to take The United States of America Mathematical Olympiad and Junior Mathematical Olympiad, which only accepts the best of the best. This decision will be based on their AMC 10/12 and the AIME scores. We wish the four of the students the best of luck in their examinations!